Our GDPR Policy
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), that came into effect on May 25, 2018. To help comply with GDPR consent requirements, we would like to let you know how we collect, store and hold your personal data.
For more information on our GDPR policy, please call us on the number at the top of this page or contact us using this form.
From time to time our website may save a “cookie” on your computer. A cookie is a small text file sent from our web server that is saved on your hard drive via your Internet browser. A cookie cannot read data from your computer hard disk or read cookie files created by other web sites. Cookies do not damage your system.
Use of Personal Information
In order to fulfil certain services that can be requested through this site we may need your email address and possibly your postal address. This information, if provided by you, will remain confidential and will not be passed on to anyone outside of GPD or GPD’s direct operational partners without your prior consent. Sharing with GPD’s operational partners will only be done to service your business in response to a request from you.
Should you decide to apply for a bursary or provide us with personal information for any other purpose on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
Data is held only as long as necessary. We will hold your details on our database until such time as you chose to unsubscribe or ask us to remove it. You may do this at any stage by selecting the unsubscribe option which may appear on an email we send you or you may simply notify us to remove your data by email to or through the form on our Contact Page.
Use of other information
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” (IP address). When a visitor requests a page from a website, the web server may record that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. We may use this information to examine traffic in aggregate.
Disclosure of personal information
We are not in the business of selling personal information and therefore we will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- We may for order processing or sales purposes disclose or transfer your personal information to our branches,
- It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our products / services,
- We will obviously need to disclose your personal information to employees of ours who require it to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential,
- There may be situations where we are required by law or are otherwise compelled to disclose such information,
- In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
Quality and Security
We make every effort to ensure the security of personal information we hold. We try to ensure that personal information we collect, disclose and use is complete and accurate.
Access and Correction
Please contact us by phone, email or our contact form if you:
- require access to any personal information we hold on you;
- wish to notify us of any change, modification or correction; or
- would like to have your personal information removed from our records.
We may require suitable proof of identity from you before we take action in respect of the above requests.
How we protect your information
We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure in data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information that may store.